Tuesday, September 4, 2012

August 27, 2012

¡Hola todos! Dios conteste oraciones, y conteste aun más cuando ayunas.   Turns out i can't pray in english. I've prayed in spanish since almost the beginning of the mtc and now i really struggle with it. They asked me to pray in the english classes and it really took me a while to get through it. I think they just thought i was speaking slowly so they would have a better chance to understand... This week we had another baptism!!! Irving! His brother is a member, but his whole family  is extremely catholic. The thing that did it was the Book of Mormon. He had been reading on his own as we taught him, and he recieved a testimony of the Book of Mormon, and the rest fell into place. He's awesome. We are also teaching two sisters and their kids, they rock. They were very against coming to church, but we did an open house thing for them and i think that really helped them get over their fears of coming, and they really felt the spirit. The only problem there is that one of the husbands refuses to talk to us and now his wife (he came back drunk one night and they fought). It's really cool to see that even though they are catholic and Jehovah's witness, they really have recieved a testimony by coming to church, they can feel a 'peace there that is stronger than any other place they have been.' The funny part was they both thought i am between 30 and 32 years old, and my comp 27.  Today we brought the mail from the zone to the offices, and while there, the assistants told me I am going to train! I'm excited. ANd really nervous. Transfers aren't for another week, but i am really excited. It's been quite a week, and I really know the Lord knows us and gives us the trials that are perfect for us to help smooth the rough edges. I strengthened my testimony of fasting. It works, and it really helps you feel closer  to God. ¡Les amo a todos! ¡Cuidense mucho! Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment