Tuesday, August 7, 2012

July 30th Letter

This computer has some problems, so i can't send pictures, but i will try to next week. Transfers... The Lord decided he would humble me some more and put me as senior comp opening an area with an Elder who has 15 months in the mission. I definitely felt and feel like i don't know what i am doing, and i really have to really on the spirit more than ever. My comp (Elder Carillo) is from the south of Peru. He is 24 and was baptized 6 years ago and his goal for the mission is to be ready to teach the other 8 people out of twelve in his family who aren't members. That definitely is something i really admire about him. He is very different from my other companions, but I think the Lord gives us that to learn. Right now i am about half way between where i was and mexico city. (Valle de Chalco, soledaridad). It's a lot more of a city here. Definitely very different from my old area. We have a huge area, a ton of people, and not a lot of members. I'm excited to get this area going. There's a lot of potential. We just need to find them. It's definitely a lot of work to get going, but I'm excited for the chance. And Walmart and the plaza sendero is in our area. That rocks. Plaza sendero is almost like a mall, and walmart just rocks. We went there today and celebrated with food court food and some special things from walmart (heinz ketchup, bbq sauce, etc.) Definitely excited to have that in our area. Even if walmart is very very expensive. We can't splurge there too much. But we're excited to get to work/keep working. Love you all, que les vaya bien! ¡Vaya con Dios! ¡Les amo! Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment